Pray for Thailand!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Learning to be a learner

I am about a month away from leaving for Singapore/Thailand.  I fly to Singapore the early morning of June 28th and then head to Thailand July 24th.  So crazy how fast it is coming up!  

Lately I have been thinking about how I will be entering a new culture and how important it will be to have an attitude of a student.  A student of Christ, the people, the culture, the Thai church and of older wiser missionaries.  When Christ came to this earth he became  the word in flesh, he is/was fully human and used human words,did human things why? so that people could have a relationship with him. If we as missionaries are going into another culture we need to become as much a part of that culture as we can. Why? So that people can have a relationship with us and in turn be introduced to Christ in a way they can understand.  Not just changing a track from English to Thai but knowing how to minister to them in a way that make sense and is natural. NOTE TO SELF: Experiencing Jesus does not have to be done through Hillsong United songs, Piper, Francis or C.J. Mahaney sermons.  It might be ways that I have experience Christ in this culture but its not the answer for every culture. I pray against my american (not biblical) understandings and baggage that I am inevitably bring with me to Thailand.
Please Join me!

PLEASE PRAY
1.  That I would trust in the HOLY SPIRIT!
2.  That I would LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN
1.  That I would be a student of the Thai people and culture.
2.  That God would humble me when I need it.  
3.  That I would share Christ in a way that the Thai people would understand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment